01 October 2014

Luxe Essentials



Being a woman is difficult. Aside from having to birth children and remembering to shave our legs, the fashion world is constanly changing on us. There are  always new crazes people veer to and rules about what you should or shouldn't wear ( although, I think it's important to never follow and always break the rules). How's a girl to keep up?! The best way to try and get a handle and feel confident in your wardobe, is to make sure you have some wonderful luxe essentials. It's true, clothes, shoes and everything else you need can be expensive but if you make sure to spend the appropriate amount of money on a few great quality items, they will last you a long while. Even though these are luxe, all of these essentials are under $250!



Here are four absolutely indispensable items worthy of your hard-earned money:



1. Leather Jacket

Leather jackets ( or vegan leather!) are fantastic . They add an edge to any and every outfit and can be thrown atop anything. I have had my leather jacket for five years now  and it has gotten even better with age. The black leather has withstood everything I've deemed to put it through over the years, and I'm sure once you  indulge in a nice one it will do the same. There are many options these days: hooded, quilted, bike, navy, black ,white but whatever you choose make sure you truly love it so you can wear it in perfectly and have it for years.

Here are some options to get you shopping:



Dark teal leather biker jacketAsymmetric Front Leather Jacket

Leather bomber jacketImage 6 of SHORT LEATHER JACKET from Zara



From top left: 1--2--3--4--5





2. Heels

Whether it's a classic black pump or strappy heels almost too gorgeous to wear, it's imperative you have a perfect , (somewhat)comfortable pair of heels you can always rely on to complete any outfit. The brands I love to treat myself to are Sam Edelman and Dolce Vita. I can always rely on them to come out with superior quality, stylish, leather heels or wedges all for a great price. Sidenote: I am usually lucky enough to find these brands at nordstrom rack or on amazon on sale! There are two essential rules you need to know before investing in a fabulous new pair of shoes. First and foremost is to make sure you will wear them a lot and can integrate them smoothly into your wardrobe. Secondly ( and most importantly) you must know how to walk in them. Practice walking around in your room if need be. There is nothing worse than seeing someone walking like a teetering drunk because they do not know how to properly walk in heels.



2


1










                                   


  



3
4























3. Jeans

I am a self proclaimed jean whore. I absolutely love treating myself to a great new pair of jeans. There 100% is a difference between premium denim and jeans from American Eagle, and if you don't know the difference fork over about $165 and trust me, you will not regret it. Premium, well-made denim, conforms to your body and molds itself to you for a flattering, comfortable fit. As previously stated in this blog, my favorite brand is rag & bone. They fit my body like  a glove. Every season, they come out with new washes but my favorite are their classics. The high-rise in heritage which is a dark inky blue and in coal. I cannot recommend them enough. I also wear and love 7 for all mankind and J Brand jeans. Before investing in a pair (they are pricey!) go try on a lot of brands at a department store like Bloomingdales, to find a brand and wash you truly love.



Here are some of my personal recommendations to get you started. I own and love all of these jeans:






rag&bone coal
rag&bone heritage





















7 for all mankind the Skinny in Rinsed Indigo


J Brand mid-rise Dark Vintage

























4. The Perfect Bag

Whether it's a cross-body, satchel or backpack, owning a great bag is imperative to your everyday life. What else will you carry your stuff in?! Carrying your wallet, phone, etc adds up to a lot of things you need so having a functional, and great looking bag is essential. I wear a purse whenever I go anywhere and if you do the same , it's worth spending a little more to have the right size and quality bag that you love and will use frequently.




Smart Suede and Leather Holdall
Topshop Holdall




Cambridge Satchel in Mint



















Banana Republic Statement Saddle Bag
Vince Camuto Janet Bag






















What are your luxe essentials? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment